- Nov 09 2020 - Dec 21 2020
ARiA ACT Breakout Sessions
[View the kick-off webinar.]
Breakout sessions are small group – 6 attendees and 1 facilitator – discussions that review the topic/them and encourage critical thinking and a deeper understanding through honest, open dialogue. November’s ACT themes are:
- Inclusive Language: Language that avoids words, phrases, tones and biases that discriminate against groups of people based on race, gender, age, socioeconomic status, disability and religion among many others.
- Inclusive Workforce: Strategies and processes in Recruitment, Hiring and Retention.
- Bias & Technology: The advantages and disadvantages of technologies we use to support business processes and deliver services to our campus community as they relate to bias, discrimination and inequity.
- Limit 1 breakout session per person.
- Sessions available between 11/9 and 11/23.
- Most tickets sell out within 3 days, but a waitlist is available. Tickets become available through last minute cancellations, so waitlist registration is recommended to keep apprised of enrollment opportunities.
*Due to the holiday season and end of semester schedules, ACT topics will be covered over two periods November (leading up to Thanksgiving) and December leading up to the winter break).