ARiA is a grassroots movement founded in 2020 and is all volunteer-led at this time.
A higher education landscape that prioritizes supporting individual journeys towards critical consciousness. This is an important step to creating an equity-centered culture that enables the dismantling of systems and structures that perpetuate marginalization of unrepresented groups.
We provide the scaffolding for individual self-examination and a pathway to turn intent into responsible action towards creating an inclusive and equitable environment in institutions of higher education.
- Connect individuals from across higher education to engage in self-discovery and examination
- Create an opportunity for individuals to acknowledge where they are in their journeys (knowledge, self-awareness, preparedness)
- Provide tools and experiences to help individuals identify pathways towards appropriate and effective action in the context of their [higher ed] workplaces
We are committed to…
- creating spaces for discussion that embrace vulnerability, courage, and curiosity so that people can explore, share, and learn without judgment
- contextualizing anti-racism concepts to aid in individual self-examination
- recruiting, developing, and empowering a network of dialogue facilitators across higher ed